We all love routines. We are, after all, creatures of habit. We shop at the same stores, on the same days, go to the same gyms, and follow the same schedules on a daily/weekly basis. Sometimes these routines can be easy, convenient, and even comforting. Other times, we start to feel stuck in our routine. So how can you shake it up a little? Here are 10 easy ways to step out of your mom comfort zone – I challenge you to try two next week!
- Try a new fitness class. There are many available that either offer childcare, or that incorporate young children.
- Visit a new park or playground.
- Try cooking a brand-new dish or dessert from a recipe you wouldn’t normally serve.
- Shake up the bedtime routine – try introducing a family walk before bedtime, or doing something as simple as reading your goodnight books on the front porch instead of in bed!
- Introduce yourself to a mom while at a kids activity. It can be intimidating to strike up a conversation with a completely stranger, but having young children always gives a little common ground!
- Try a new grocery store – oh WILD, I know! But there’s something kind of fun about checking out a completely different grocery store. Who knows what kind of yummy foods you’ll come home with?
- Check out the local library schedule and attend a story time that you’ve never been to with your little ones.
- Offer to volunteer at your kids’ school in a capacity that you haven’t tried before.
- Write a journal entry or essay about a way that you have grown or changed since entering motherhood. You don’t have to show it to anyone!
- Change up your personal style! Wear something completely different than you normally would, such as dark lipstick, a bold scarf, or a stylish blazer, and just go about your daily business in your amped up outfit!
How will you challenge yourself to shake up your routine and step out of your mom comfort zone this week?
PS. If you enjoyed this post, be sure to read The 14 Habits of Happy Stay at Home Moms!