This post has been sponsored by CozyPhones, who make soft and cozy headphones for both adults and kids. I love that they stay on nice and tight and are super-soft and comfortable for the kids to wear. And isn’t this little monster cute – and perfect for this time of year? Of course, I don’t know about yours, but my boys are cute little monsters all year long!
Halloween is just around the corner and it’s time to download some fun apps for the kids to help get them in the spirit of things! I usually limit iPad time and try to keep things on the educational side, but around the holidays it’s fun to change things up a little.
Here are 5 picks that my boys have been enjoying for Halloween:
- Pumpkin Creation – Halloween Dress Game $1.99 or Free: Kids can create their own jack-o-lantern while listening to spooky halloween sounds. We just have the free version but it’s fun! By Libii Tech Limited.
- Peanuts’ It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown: $5.99 Nostalgia and a sweet story will capture the imagination of children of all ages. Aside from listening to the story, which is narrated by Peter Robbins, the original voice of Charlie Brown, kids can also create their own avatar which will be inserted into the story, design a costume and carve a pumpkin. It’s a bit pricey, but you can’t beat the real illustrations. I only realized afterwards that it’s also available as a bundle! Also love that the avatars are available in a wide variety of skin tones. By Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
- Color by Numbers – Halloween. FREE This is essentially a paint by numbers for the iPad and my 5 year old is completely mesmerized by it! It’s so nice when you can find a free app that is simple and free from constant pop-ups.
- The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin $2.99 – I was not familiar with this story of Spookley, the square pumpkin, but it’s an instant classic! Not only is it delightfully narrated, you can also record your voice reading it, and kids love to tap the pictures to find hidden sounds! It’s a sweet story with a nice little moral about how being different is OK, and the illustrations are just lovely. A Holiday Hill Farm Bookby OceanhouseMedia
- Tiny Talking Monsters $0.99 – My boys both LOVE this app! You can speak any phrase and the adorable little monster characters will repeat it back to you, which children find hilarious. The characters also do funny movements and animations. By Tayasui.
When they play their games, I don’t always love hearing the sound effects! That’s why I was thrilled to discover these adorable headphones. Thanks to the folks at CozyPhones for sponsoring this post and sending one over for us to try! We just loved it and I know it will be great for long car rides or plane rides. The headphones are soft and cozy, don’t move around, and work great. Plus, aren’t they cute? I could never keep earbuds or regular headphones on my active boys so these truly are the best! I have also read some reviews on their website, and many parents report that they are great for children with autism or sensory sensitivities!