November is here! It’s the perfect time to take a deep breath and set some goals for the month ahead.
I always feel happiest when I’m not feeling overwhelmed – don’t you agree?
Here are 7 ways you can really show November who’s boss!
- Pack up Halloween. Duh! For some reason I can’t stand holiday items even one day after the holidays, so I’ll be taking care of this promptly! Keep treasured items only!
- Make Room for Holidays: No matter how hard I try, the holidays always comes with an influx of things; from gifts to new toys! Get a headstart on the holidays by purging old toys, boxing away out-of-season items, and tossing or donating unused, unneeded items. A quick trick: Add a “donate” box to a front closet so you can quickly and easily set items aside as you come across them.
- Donate coats and warm things: This time of year there are lots of people who are in need of a warm winter coat! Find out where you can bring things in your area and make a difference to someone else’s winter today. Consider offering to collect coats from friends and coworkers to lend an extra helping hand.
- Start one new thing: Whether it’s trying a new yoga class, starting some homemade gifts, or drinking more water; tackle one new thing this month! What change are you ready to make?
- Make a Calendar: Don’t fall behind come January! Now is the perfect time to create a photo calendar and order it for holiday gifts, and get one for yourself. December gets so busy, so this is just the sort of thinking ahead that will make you feel ahead of the game.
- Create a December budget. Try to remember everything, including teacher gifts, holiday dinners out, holiday photos, outfits, shipping expenses and any other expenses that may pop up during the busy holiday season.
- Clean out the car: It’s no fun to do when it gets too cold, so bite the bullet and tidy it up today.
What will you be doing to take control of this month before the rush of the holidays really sets in? I would love to hear in the comments below!